Thursday, October 2, 2008

Four Months

Ashton is officially four months old now. I can't believe how fast time is cruising by. I think getting back into a solid routine at school as automated our days, and in the regularity and rhythm of each week, a month has suddenly turned over. Izzi is talking up a storm, but is a bit camera shy. We keep trying to sneak up on her when she is babbling to herself, or in the midst of practicing to be the next world famous digeridoo player, but she goes silent when she realizes that the lights are on her. Although she found her toes a month and a half ago, she now LOVES her toes daily. The big one generally functions as a fruitless nipple, but still she tries to milk it for something. In the last two weeks she has also picked up a new body trick. She grabs a hold of her right pointer finger with her left hand and then swings her arms over her head. She'll repeat this motion several times before breaking and then try it again. It's funny how something so simple can be so entertaining.  She certainly has a fetish with her hands and feet right now as she is always interlacing her digits in a new configuration.









Who doesn't love nudie pics? 


I think she has the "Oh, Mom, please!" look down already. 




I toiled with whether or not to go ahead with the second round of vaccinations (although not nearly as much as the first time deciding whether or not to start them) this month because Ashton had a nasty little cold. While the congestion freaked me out, she seemed perfectly fine. We never saw a day without lots of smiling and giggling. She hasn't been thrilled about the saline wash but like a true yogi she is taking it all in stride as part of her new daily ritual until the mucus is flushed. Thank goodness she inherited Jake's sneeze. If you don't know what I'm talking about than you obviously haven't witnessed the gale force with which he can repulse germs. I was a little surprised that Ashton could project her bodily fluids on the poor person in front of us in the Costco line. "What a cute ba......errrr, ewww......you have. No really. It's okay." Anyways, she ended up getting the "rock star" band-aids regardless of the sniffles. Although I hate needles and never watch the injection, I'm glad that she is easy to soothe afterwards. A few moments on the breast cures all. Hence, once again: "Breast is best!"


This is the first time Jake has helped me pose Ashton for her monthly photo shoot. He took "Sit her up please" to a whole new level!


No comments: