Thursday, August 20, 2009

Glacier National Park



Glacier was amazing! The scenery was so breathtaking. I know our photos don't capture the majesty....but believe me...it is there. It's wild to hike and camp in a million acre park that houses the Continental Divide. Izzi was a real trooper. We hesitated (only slightly) about driving all the way to Montana with a one year old, but she was and is an awesome traveler. We stocked up on library books and cheesy kid cds before we left and that kept her entertained for the most part. By the end of the trip she was putting her own hand in Mazama her monster puppet to make him talk and eat and read books. It was pretty darn cute. 

As far as hiking and camping goes she was in as much bliss as we were. Every place we camped in the park we saw a black bear run through sneaking berries, which had me a little on the edge of my seat, but we are good "bear country" campers, and not everyone is!!! Damn the neighbors that don't clean up their camps! Notice how even Izzi cleans up her own dishes...too bad her face still has morning yogurt on it!

Izzi spent most of her time on longer hikes in the ergo on my back while Poppi snapped photos. I had my hair in braids the day we hiked to Hidden Lake on "Going-to-the-sun" Logan Pass. She played "getty-up horsey" almost the whole way up and giggled when I jogged down the board walk. 

All in all, the six days without a shower and all three of us sporting nearly the same get-up everyday was so much fun. We have vowed to explore a new park every summer. Mt. Rainer was her first last year, Glacier this year, where will we be when she is two?
























1 comment:

Unknown said...

is that the hat that I just gave you guys??? I love it!