Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Nate and Megan's Wedding

Although it was a really quick trip, it was nice to fly to Idaho with Amy and go to Megan and Nate's wedding. Padre (Gramps to Izzi) was the officiant, but in all honesty, I really didn't get to hear the ceremony. Izzi was a bit restless so I stood off to the side. Once the flower girl (a 19 month old) walked my cousin in she immediately went towards Ashton. Izzi has always been a bit sheepish with people when she first meets them, but Gracie went straight in for the kiss...and then another....and another. About the fifth one, with me redirecting from the mouth to the cheek, Gracie's father came around the corner and swooped her up. She did not like that. She got so fussy that he pulled her away and put her in a time-out, which went over really well (not). Ashton kind of dawdled about and gawked at "punishment" with confusion. Needless to say, I couldn't really hear the ceremony with all Gracie's whimpering in the background.

After the ceremony, Izzi went for the rose petals. She was twirling in slow circles when Gracie found her again. This time there was no love. She marched right up to Ashton and slapped her across the face. Her mom raced over to chide her child as I watched Ashton's sweet lower lip quiver and real tears start to form in her eyes. Under my breath I admitted to all the on-lookers that I was pretty sure I'd just witnessed my daughter's first bi*ch slap, literally. Ah, the joys of girl fights.

I posted the pics in reverse order, so you'll see the post-wedding breakfast party at Paris' house first. Oh...and I didn't manage to snap a good photo of Nate with his bride because I was so busy following Ashton around like her big body guard. Oh well.




1 comment:

Katie said...

I can't beleive sweet baby A got B*&ch slapped!