Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Elephant Pants

These photos just crack me up. Ashton is so independent these days. She likes to do things on her own--like getting dressed. This week her favorite pants are "the elephants." This evening after "jammie time" I told her to run to her room and I'd meet her there for some stories. When I made my way across the house I found my child had put her elephants back on. When I simply suggested we take them off for bed this was her reaction. So sad.

So, instead of reading tonight we laid in the dark and I drew the coveted elephant shapes on her back. She giggled her way to dreamland, but never took off the pants.

Last night both Jake and I laid down to tell her a story. Jake made up some odd fable about a tiger-striped shrimp. She wasn't into it, so I asked, "What animals do you find in the water?"

"Ducks."

We described the colors and cleaning mannerisms she's observed and then I asked, "Does your duck have a friend?"

After a moment of silence where she was obviously thinking about the question she said, "Yeah. Ashie. Ashton." So compassionate my little one is.


I had to post a happier photo of the elephant pants. This was taken yesterday. After some pottie action she wanted to leave her diaper off for a bit, but insisted that the elephants go back on. You can see how determined she is to put the pants on, one leg and all. More intriguing to her parents was how she was going to shuffle around the house in her one-leg pants not matter what. The other videos are a bit too risky with the cute bum shots to post.

No comments: