Saturday, November 20, 2010

Girls' Weekend

 Last weekend Poppie had a "boys' retreat" with his buddies and Ashton and I had a "girls' retreat" here at home. Izzi kept me plenty entertained. She has moved beyond riding her unicorn around the house solo to inviting her babies and animals along for the ride. Here she is zooming around the house while I tried to get some laundry done.

 Because Poppie got up bright and early to go fishing, so did Ashton. We made a jammie run to the grocery store to get some bagels and when we got home I made some chai tea. Izzi said she wanted some too, so I steamed some milk and we chatted over breakfast.

 Later on that day she decided we needed to go camping. She loaded up her "pack-pack" after discovering that it was not only a roller bag, but a back pack as well. We made a fort by the sliding glass window and she invited all her animals to come along. That's when I realized how cold it was next to the window and decided we needed to hang some curtains. At Home Depot Ms. Isadora decided that she needed to go fishing. She used one of the curtain rods as her "poling fish" (translation: fishing pole) and entertained many shoppers while I debated what set up would be best to lock in some heat this winter.
 (She had to wear Poppie's slippers so her feet would stay warm.)

All said and done, it was a fun weekend for the two of us.

No comments: