Last week Ashton and I collected more fallen apples from our trees and brought them over to our neighbor's horses: Zak and Kat. Mary was so excited to give Izzi the tour of their barn and let her feed the big beasts. I was surprised how well she handled the slobber and gentle nipping. She giggled nervously and then said she didn't want to try it again. Mary mentioned that when Izzi gets a little older maybe she could come over and ride the horses. Immediately when we got home Ashton pushed her chair up to the couch, mounted the back of it and started riding her "horsie". Everyday thereafter when we drive up to our house she asks, "Mama, am I older today? Can I please ride the horses?" My catch-all phrase lately has been: "When you're 18 darling."
I guess that means she'll be riding the unicorn around the house (with her helmet of course) until then.
No comments:
Post a Comment