Wednesday, January 28, 2009

"Diggity Dog"





I am afraid to say it, but it is oh so true. Ashton loves dogs. Damn. There it is in writing. Mason gave her a little puzzle with a barking dog for Christmas, and she puts the piece in place to hear the doggie bark over and over and over again. On Monday we went down to Port Williams for a picnic. I pointed to a dog that was coming up the beach with its owner and the biggest smile spread across her face. She kicked her legs and practically tried to jump out of my arms to go say hello. "Brucie" came right up to her and they had no problem making friends. Am I doomed to be a dog owner? Sigh. I vowed that would never happen. I guess kids can change you in more ways than one. I'm still crossing my fingers that she'll get her "fix" vicariously!


2 comments:

Ray and Sarah Schafer said...

get a dog! get a dog!!!!

Mike said...

we've gotta dog we'll loan ya....permanently!