Friday, January 9, 2009

Play Date

Mason John Rapelje brought his mom and a bucket of his favorite toys over last weekend for a little play date before going back to school.  It was fun to see how much the babies had grown in just two short weeks while on Winter Break. It's also really neat to see the physical differences between the two. I was amazed how long Mason's arms are. MJR missed his 6 month appointment because of the snow, so we put them back to back to measure up their height growth. He was at least an inch taller that Izzi.  I like how the first photo shows off Mason's big hands as he looks to Ashton for a high-five.
It's fun to watch how physical these two are with each other. They have been going to daycare and playing side-by-side since they were three months old, and are quite affectionate. In the third photo Ashton seems to be looking at me to see if it is okay that she and Mason hold hands (something they've been caught doing more than once!).


The next two photos loaded in reverse order, so scroll down first to see Ashton reaching for Mason's sock and then ripping it off to chew. She has been doing this to her own socks for four months now. She loves feet!


Mason got really good at clapping over the break.  I think the best thing about these two being so close in age is that they learn a lot by watch each other. Before Mason came over I don't think Ashton really realized she had hands that she could slap together. Sure, I've clapped to calm her down, and in general, the fascination with the sound has worked. I was delighted when Ashton woke up Monday morning and decided that she could clap too. She's been giving everything a round of applause these days.
Thanks for the playtime Mason and Linsay. It was a nice afternoon.

No comments: