Friday, January 9, 2009

Roar....


This week has been really interesting. Ashton's sleeping and eating patterns have been all over the place. One day she will open her mouth wide for winter squash, carrots and bananas, and the next lock her lips, shield her face, and turn away in disgust. Afterwards, she will match my "mommie" spoon with her own "baby" spoon for a game of Jedi light-sabre action. The battle has been quite fun. On Monday she wouldn't eat mashed bananas, but she dove for the real deal in my hand.  On Tuesday I decided to break off little pieces of banana for her and sneak them into her mouth. That was when I discovered the culprit of her new babbling, drooling self. Jutting out of her lower, right gum was a razor sharp tooth. That explains the long naps followed by sleepless nights where she incessantly calls "neh-neh" and smacks her lips to nurse. I keep telling her that I am not her chew toy, but I don't think she cares.....and I thought I would be able to rationalize with a seven month old! hahahaha. To all mothers out there questioning the ethics of the pacifier, I say do it. It will save you in the long run!