Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Nearly 13 months




Ashton has grown up so much in the last week. It's like she turned one and she suddenly became a little girl instead of my little baby. Her personality (and personal preferences) are really starting to shine through much more. I thought they didn't get picky about what to wear until they were like teenagers or something! 

Last week when I was visiting Auntie A,  from the back seat of the car Baby A kept pointing and saying one of her "ehhs." We asked, "What? What is it?" Finally I realized that she wanted the music on and as soon as I acted on the epiphany Ashton started rocking back and forth "dancing" in her car seat.  Later that week I found her feeding her birds corn. She was making the pretend eating sounds and all. (I tried to catch this in the last video, but video really never does anything justice.) Jake was surprised when we were hanging out in the studio and Izzi brought him a cup of pretend tea to sip on, which the tea set was a mighty nice birthday gift Laura, Win and Powell. 

It's not just her imagination and mimicry taking off, her language is getting better too. She has an undeniable urge to point at any ball and make sure the world knows that she knows what it is. She also is identifying all her animals with both sign and verbal language now--mostly fish, cat, dog-gie, duck and bird. I think what impressed me most though is that her manners are developing too. She finally signed please and thank you to me. Yeah!  As of yet, still no steps on her own. She's doing a lot of proud standing, but hasn't branched out to explore the world on her own two feet. She has, however, upgraded her scoot crawl to a bucking horse maneuver. She throws her head forward aggressively while kicking her legs back to buck across the room. It's pretty funny. 

No comments: