Saturday, July 4, 2009

Ferry Wait

It was really great to go to this AP conference in Bellevue. The school put us up at the Hilton, and Jake soon learned how much Ashton loves the pool. All he had to do was walk by the door to the pool and Izzi would go crazy. I was glad he had no problem entertaining her while I was at "work" all day. He hit many local parks, went out to breakfast, played in the pool  (where Ashton started verbalizing another word--bubbles) and took our little girl to the Woodland Park Zoo with Ea and Kip. I was pretty jealous that I missed out on all the adventures, but it was nice to come home to both my husband and daughter each night. Jake so kindly pointed out that I was missing the four best days of summer that we've had so far. Ashton got to break out the shorts that Auntie Auddie gave her.

By the end of the week Jake said he just wanted to jump on a ferry and get home. Unfortunately, we found ourselves in a 90minute ferry wait line. You can tell by the short videos how we spent the time in the car slowly inching forward a few feet at a time.


No comments: