Sunday, June 6, 2010

Birthday Saga Continues

This week when the package from Gramps and Paris arrived on our doorstep, followed later by one from Aunt Nancy and Uncle John, as well as Aunt Sarah and Uncle Ray, I realized that Izzi never opened her gift from Aunt Audrey and Uncle Paul. Miss-Plan-Ahead Auddie gave us the birthday gift at Christmas and I stashed it away in Izzi's closet. Anyway, with the four gifts, Ashton's birthday celebration was extended. 
Here are the new garden tools and turtle tote from Gramps and Paris. Izzi has already scooped her fair share of rocks and dirt outside with them. She's quite the gardener.
 
She needed a little break between gifts. Her favorite treat these days is sprouted grain toast with butter. She usually licks the butter, like one would eating ice cream, before taking a bite of the bread. Hummm, maybe she likes "buttha" as much as her little autie lola did as a babe. Who could ever forget how she climbed on the table and greased her hair before our professional family photo shoot?
On Izzi's actual birthday I stopped into a few stores to find a new rain jacket, as the skies were drizziling and I knew it would be a golden gift throughout the year. Lucky for us, I couldn't find one. Auntie Audrey gave her this cute little yellow and pink flower one. You can tell by the power squat that she really likes it! Piggy does too.
 
Here is the beautiful outfit that Aunt Nan made. Is anyone else noticing the yellow theme? I think everyone was on the same color scheme page this year. She does look good in yellow.

Jake and I were minimalists for her birthday. On the actual day we gave her a little tube of animals, as they are one of her favorite things to play with. After all the gifts rolled in we decided to get her a bike helmet. This catepillar one came with elbow and knee pads. She liked it for a few minutes, before she realized how contraining it made her movements. They don't make helmets for 2 year olds--the smallest size is a 3, so it was a bit big, but we thought we might as well pitch safety early on, eh? 
The last package to arrive came all the way from Japan, even though Sarah, Ray, Sophia and Solomon are back in the states now. She really loves the little owl blanket for her froggie, mousie and horsie. (Yep, everything has the long drawn out EEEEE sound on it these days--especially Poppie. She's been most fond of him these days. It's strange to have her ask for him more than for me.)
Here they are on Sunday morning playing and singing B-I-N-G-O together.

1 comment:

The Mom said...

That helmet is so cute. It's really hard to find them without barbie characters etc. on them. Nice work!