Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Turtle

Last week during one of Ashton's bathing sessions she had her arms twisted behind her back. Her explanation was "wash cloth mama". When I spread the towel over her skin she smiled and said, "I'm a turtle. Look. I'm a turtle." This is especially funny because G-Mum has been lovingly threatening to get Ms. Izzi a turtle for our pond. I am adament about NO REPTILES. Although we did get some tadpoles from Henery's last week and released them in our wannabe pond in the back. I let Ashton keep them in my fish, Graspie's, old tank until a couple died and Ashton added so much mudd that you couldn't see them anymore. It was then that we had to set the sludge free. 

Back to bathtime (excuse my tangent): When it came time to wash the sunscreen out of her hair she said, "I'm a seal pup. Look at me roll."  
We've been working on ASL finger spelling. A, T, M & N are all similar--but here she was trying to say turtle with a T. Maybe with some more work this summer she'll have it.

No comments: