Monday, November 3, 2008

Apple Cider

Aunt Amy, Uncle Bo, Uncle Tyler and Aunt Katie came out for the Halloween party on Friday and stayed through the weekend. On Sunday we harvested almost all of the apples on the trees, rented a cider press from the co-op and went to town pressing some juice. It is absolutely delicious. We ended up getting 15-20 gallons. I was amazed. It has been nice to have such an abundant harvest this year. We left the  big apples on my two favorite trees so I can finish up the season with a few more apple pies, apple crisps, and possibly some apple butter. We also picked all the pears, and I'll do the last round of canning in a week or so when they fully ripen. It's been a few years since our last big harvest, and it was fun to make a tradition out of pressing on Halloween again. Thanks for all the help!
















Look how much Maximus has grown!
He had so much fun that he didn't want to leave (check out the last photo).

No comments: