So, we realized that we don't really have very many family photos. This weekend we tried, but something always goes wrong with one of us. I don't know how mum ever got all five kids to smile at once when I was growing up, especially without a digital camera. Anyways, I just love the way Ashton is laughing at poppie in the second photo. I had to put the first one in just because she looks so cute in her sweater jumper!


Ashton is sitting up so well on her own these days it amazes me. It wasn't until Laura and Win came over this weekend that my pride swelled. Laura said that Win didn't really sit up on his own until December, and Ashton is a pro already (Win's birthday is the 23rd of May). Poppie still gets really nervous and won't leave her on the ground alone. He's a bit more protective than I am I guess, but most of you knew that already. As a busy working mom, I love that my little girl can entertain herself for a few precious moments without me. She absolutely loved picking up the leaves and examining each one before trying to taste them. Later that day she was so curious about my apple that I finally let her have a "lick." She went wild about it. Perhaps it wasn't the best first flavor to give her, but alas, hind sight is 20/20.
Last week when I picked up Ashton from daycare I heard someone pounding away on the piano. I chuckled to myself at how much fun she must have watching the older kids play. When I walked around the corner I was quite surprised to see that it was my baby Izzi banging away on the keys. Perhaps she will have Jake's musical ability. I'd sure love that!
No comments:
Post a Comment