Sunday, February 15, 2009

The Whisk

It was nice to have a sunny Sunday. I feel like it has been too long. Even better, tomorrow is President's day, so we don't have school. I started to feel the little electric buzz of summer pulse through me today when I spread the blanket out for Ashton and took to clearing some of my flower beds while she entertained herself. I'm so lucky that she loves to be outside as much as we do! I'm also glad that she's not that interested in moving beyond the confines of her "square" (whether it be her blanket or our rug) right now. In fact, she's pretty darn comfy just reaching and twisting for the things she needs. She does have an eye for the small wonders of the world though. Last week she picked up a sesame seed from the table. Later I found a pine needle in her mouth (picked up from the rug), and while we were nursing, she tried to pick up one of my freckles. Needless to say, she LOVES FINGER FOOD right now. She washes the table with bananas and avocado. She pinches little pieces of green beans, and likes to shovel handfuls (okay, fingerfulls) of Annie's soaked O's in her mouth. She is so funny at mealtime. She still makes sour faces at quinoa, but other than that, she'll eat nearly anything. 

Lately I've been pulling out pots and pans and whatnot from the cupboards, as her old toys have become too predictable for her I guess. She has fallen in love with the mini whisk. She's always been fond of metal--she'll grab my big class-set paper/binder clips whenever she can. Now that she's learned the whisk is much more than a banging utensil, but the best teether yet, we can't keep it out of her hands. She even took it to the bath tub with her tonight. Her two bottom teeth are still tangoing their way true functionality. She chews her food like a little rabbit. We have to be watchful, or she'll squirrel little tid-bits away in her roomy cheeks for later, which makes Poppie very nervous.  I just happened to get lucky as the camera was on the table for these shots. I love the way her little baby teeth are peeking out between the whisking wire.




No comments: