Monday, November 2, 2009

Bug Booked






Lauren had these childhood bug books that Audrey saved from the Goodwill pile when G-Mum first scoured the house to move. Auddie made me take them, pledging their worth would manifest in Ashton's delight. She was right. I've held the books on the top shelf in Izzi's room for sometime waiting for the right moment to break them out. I knew they were quite delicate, and didn't want something beautiful to be destroyed if I turned my back. Somehow the almighty bug book meandered down the shelving unit into her hands. Now, if ever I try to tuck it away (as captured in the last two photos) I must deal with real alligator tears. I am surprised how careful and observant my 17 month old daughter is with this treasured heirloom from Auntie Lola via Auntie Auddie.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

yes- that bug book is the best.

Rosalind Reichner said...

Great pics. The bug book looks facinating. I can see why you wanted to save it for a little while, but Ashton looks really interested. Love the hair!