Wren says she didn't sleep in her princess outfit, but you wouldn't know it by the way she pranced down the stairs the morning after. It was so cute to see her enchanted demeanor. Aunt Nan and GG gave her the story of the Nutcracker in a pop-up book format. It was delicious to look at. Wren kept correcting patient Grandma Jadyne who every other page had to change the main character from Clara to Cinderella and back again. I like this photo where everyone is totally engaged in the story and imagery. The book was a hit! (cough, cough, and so was the Cinderella outfit!)
Here's a nice photo of GG and Ethan. Grandma Gert lasted longer than I did on Christmas night, and still has that morning glow!
Cousins Wren and Fisher gave Ashton a xylophone and a "ball punch" toy. Izzi was more interested in all the action around her initially; however, I think she's getting the hand of both toys now that we're nestled back at home.
I like the depth in this photo with Fisher in front getting ready to pound his blocks with a hammer, Trina close by chuckling at her little boy's "boyishness," and Aunt Nancy enviously scoping out Wren's attire. Wren looks a little worried that Aunt Nancy might actually fit into her "glass" slippers.
Willis was in the middle of it all somehow managing a zen state.
I like this photo with Uncle Troy helping Wren with her new fire truck, Ethan helping Fisher with his vacuum, and Trina scoping out the details of Fisher's "manly" plastic addition to the household on the Internet.
Princess Wren (or was it Queen at this point?) adjusting her tiara, or crown.
I'm holding my breath that Ashton sticks to musical instruments and basketballs, but I keep reminding myself...."She came through you, but she is not you!"
What a whirlwind tour.
Thank you all for your hospitality and love.
Cheers to the New Year.
1 comment:
Where is the photo of Ashton with her favorite aunt Auddie?
Post a Comment