
We started the holiday rounds with
Grammie Brennie in Port Angeles. Uncle Ray and Aunt Sarah sent her a package from Japan with the cutest little speakers I'd ever seen.
Izzi had fun wishing
Brennie a Merry Christmas, but more importantly a happy New Year.

Then we headed to Seattle on the solstice to spend time with the Howell crew, and stay at Uncle Edward and Aunt Kathryn's house for five days. I couldn't believe how much snow the city saw. It made our last minute shopping seem
ridiculous, and made me come back to the true meaning of the holidays--hanging out with family and friends and enjoying each others company, rather than the gifts we give.
Gramps stayed at Tyler and Katie's with us.....so got a lot of Ashton time. She had fun inspecting his glasses and teasing him with periodic staring contests.

Ashton had a lot of fun with
Maximus, who is a gentle puppy in a big dog's body already. I can't believe how much he has grown in just a few short months. He is so playful, and loving. We enjoyed the mornings just taking in the Seattle scene.

Ready or not, Christmas came and went quickly.

Looking at the snowfall outside with Uncle Tyler.

Giving Aunt Kathryn a little love before bed.
Ahhhh.
Izzi seemed to like Auntie A's necklace an awful lot. Bo seems to like Auntie A an awful lot. Okay, baby A too!

Ashton has
definitely hit the seven month attachment to mama phase. When we first got to Uncle Tyler and Auntie Katie's house everyone was in the basement eagerly waiting her arrival. Jake took her down to say hello while I answered a call on my cell. When she rounded the corner everyone cheered and this was her reaction. She was a little overwhelmed. I don't think it helped that she had a cold settling as well.

I love this photo of baby A with Uncle Bo in her new
jammies. Uncle Bo picked out the pink kitty pattern just for her. I think she likes them. They certainly kept her warm through the night.

G-mum gave our little star a basketball hoop to start practicing her shot. Ashton knew what to do right away. Now that we're home, she has been tossing the ball through the hoop and then following her shot to retrieve it. It's so much fun to watch.

This photo makes Christmas seem overly
laborious, no?

I think I'll have that one next!
No comments:
Post a Comment