Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Two Gemini's & a Frog

Aunt Nancy called and invited us over on Saturday morning. She'd been on her sewing machine stitching away for my little Ashton Isadora. Her patterns are delightful and sized perfectly. Ashton willingly changed clothes for the fashion show and then quickly found many other treasures to examine. She and Nancy played talking turtles for a bit...I'm not sure whose imagination is bigger.     :)
The kiss? Hug? Hummmm. 
This sweatshirt is amazing. It has beautiful ribbon lining the seam on the neckline that matches the one on the skirt. 
Ms. Isadora is preparing to twirl here, but quickly gets distracted by the bin of ribbon. She gravitated to the gold string that soon became a double-dutch rope. Ahh, in due time my dear. Soon enough.
We adventured outside a bit and Nan found a little forrest frog. That's when she really won my darling dear's heart. When it was time to go Ashton got all quiver lip and teary eyed on me. I said, "What's wrong Izzi? Are you sad?"
"I'm sad mama. Nancy house. Ribbit."
I stemmed her tears by explaining how she could show Poppy her new dress when we got home. The last three photos capture her excitement. She ran through the front yard, around the side of the house and to the back yard to find her Poppy and tell him all about her day. Despite the fact we were outside doing yard work, Ms. Izzi wouldn't take off her dress. Thanks Nan. Your sewing is always a big hit.

No comments: