Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day with Baby Mila

Mila's birth couldn't have been timed more perfectly. Mum and John flew up from Texas, Audrey from Spokane, Lauren drove up from Portland, Ashton and I from Sequim, and Katie from Seattle to celebrate my "oldest and bestest" seester becoming a mommie. We had a nice brunch after a fun weekend wandering the streets of Kirkland, Seattle and Ravensdale.
I'm amazed how many faces she pulls already. What a cutie. Ashton is still getting used to the idea of sharing her status in the family. She's not so fond of the divided attention. She was really clinging to me and G-mum. She kept giving us big hugs that lasted a little longer than usual. When asked if she wanted a sibling, she replied, "No. A turtle." G-mum thought it was a good idea, but I'm over the reptile scene at our house for a bit.

2 comments:

The Mom said...

yay for your family and amy and Bo. Just got caught up on your blog-that was fun.

T

Unknown said...

Should I be offended by "bestest?"