I honestly don't think my pregnancy and delivery could have been more perfect. Lyle was so supportive and calm and peaceful. She helped us carry the energy and attitude we wanted through the whole birthing experience. I felt so lucky to have an amazing woman come in on her day off to support us through one of the most beautiful things I've ever gone through, and one of the longest "pushing" sessions she's ever seen. Usually the in-depth relationship that is cultivated over the 40 (or in my case 41) weeks of pregnancy stops cold turkey after delivery (kind of like teaching seniors up to graduation). Going over to Lyle's house was the cherry on top of my summer. Her work is cherished. I feel honored that she delivered Ashton, and am really rather sad that she is thinking about retiring. Getting together made everything feel like it had come around full circle. It gave me the opportunity to say thank you after the rush of hormones had faded into true motherhood. I hope she knows how much I love and appreciate her.

Pictured from left to right, top to bottom:
Linsay, Issac and Mason John Rapelje
Chelsea, Jake and Ashton Isadora Reichner
Robin, Kinsley, Chris and Bjorn Robert Hendrickson
One of the most amazing things to me about all our babies is that they are evenly spread by 12 days. Bjorn is 12 days older than Ashton, and Mason is 12 days younger. It is pretty neat considering 12 is a spiritual, archetypal number.
Robin's children are 20 months apart. (Ma--I now see what you went through with Audrey and Lauren!) Her daughter Kinsley is a real cutie as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment