Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Mousie v. Longhorn

We started our trip with Mousie in tow. Izzi loves her little rodent so much that I didn't think anything could ever replace it. Move over Mousie, Lonestar the Longhorn Cow offers something "meatier." Where once mousie accompanyied Izzi's napping, now Lonestar takes the space.

While in Austin G-Mum babysat Ms. Isadora each night so we could tour the town. Ashton had no problem saying "See you tomorrow" and waving goodbye with a big smile. She loved watching TV and reading books with G-Mum and Lauren each night. Unfortunately, she still got up early, which wasn't so nice for Mama who rolled in around four AM each morning. (Jeeze, I haven't done that since my college years!) Luckily Izzi found my boot box (yep...I now am the proud owner of some cowgirl boots) and turned it into a boat for longhorn AND mousie. 
Needless to say, we LOVED Austin, Texas.

No comments: