I don't have a lot of experience with what a typical two month old baby looks like, but when I looked at the second picture posted here I realized that she certainly has "grown-up" features already. Add a little hair and I can see what she'll look like at three. Not that I want to rush this first year; I feel quite the contrary actually. I'm soaking up every minute of my darling Isadora's life. I could (and quite frankly do) spend hours watching her eat and sleep and smile at life experienced through her ridiculous little toys. I remember getting some of them at the baby shower thinking, seriously--who would love such a gaudy, annoying gadget? Hummm...now presenting Ashton's best form of entertainment--the dancing, swirling, singing purple elephant equipped with two songs (a preventative feature for temperamental parents and all the more engaging for sustained periods of time). Seriously though Glamma, she loves her purple elephant!
Her favorite "toy" right now is the orange faced cow that (thank Ganesha) hardly makes any noise. It simply stares at her when we ride in the car. Forget the gentle tinkle of the yellow lion, or the "Rock-a-bye Baby" pink bunny--the little half-dollar sized cartoon faced farm animal makes her smile and coo herself to sleep. I love it. Bring 'em on!
Notice how enchanted she is by her purple and blue elephant? This joy allows mommy time to fold the laundry, and maybe even get dressed before noon. Ha.
This is my sweet pea on Sunday afternoon. Grammie Brennie came over and we i-chatted with Sarah and Ray who are in Japan. We ate BBQ pork with hot mustard, rice, julienned fresh veggies and egg rolls in a pseudo salute to our auntie and uncle abroad.
Who knew our little peeper would be so much fun?
We love you Ashton Isadora!
1 comment:
she is getting so big! She is so so so beautiful you guys, i cant even comprehend how perfect she is... love love love is all i can say!
Post a Comment