
Last week Ashton and I had a harrowing experience driving to Federal Way in Grandpa Reichner's silver bullet, two-wheel-drive farm truck. The wheels desperately need to be realigned. It felt like we were going 50 mph in an old shopping cart. Ashton didn't seem to mind the endless vibration, but I had a sweaty panic looming over the whole trip, especially on the way home when we were fully loaded with furniture and G-Mum's miscellaneous memories tied down and twisted in a tarp. We had to stop three times because I thought we would take off and fly the way my "wings" were flapping in the wind. When we got home Poppy confirmed "You will never do that again! You looked like the Oakies were movin' in next door." Hahaha. I'm glad we can all laugh thinking about it now.

Glamma was so busy getting things buttoned up that she didn't get to see Ashton in her summer outfit before we had to manage a big time blow-out at Auntie Amy's. So Ma, these two pics are for you.
We were happy to get home and go on a nice and safe drive in the CRV. We came upon the Sequim Elk herd and saw that it was a big year for newborns. We counted at least a dozen, although they are hard to see in this photo because by the time we ran home and got the camera they had wandered into the back acre above Port Williams.
No comments:
Post a Comment